- Meditation may help us sleep better. At least 40% of Americans don’t get enough of the quality sleep they need to function well during the day.* Many of these insomnia sufferers are women. Our insomnia is caused by hormonal changes we face in our lives, such as pregnancy and perimenopause.
- Meditation relieves stress, and can help those of us who suffer from anxiety and depression.
- Meditation provides other mental health benefits: an increase in happiness, self-acceptance and awareness, concentration, focus and more – as found in the article, The Benefits of Meditation You Never Knew, from the Art of Living website.
- Meditation can lower blood pressure, boost the immune system and even increase energy levels, just to name a few physical health benefits.
- Meditation may help strengthen our aging brain by slowing down the loss of gray matter, according to UCLA researchers.
*Aschwanden, Christie. (Nov 2014). Counting Sleep. Prevention Magazine.
For Further Reading:
- Mindfulness Meditation May Help Older Adults Sleep Better
- What Does Mindfulness Meditation Do To Your Brain?
- The Science Behind Meditation
Want to try Guided Meditation? Here are some free online options: