©Vital Aging 4 Women 2017
- Meditation may help us sleep better. At least 40% of Americans don’t get enough of the quality sleep they need to function well during the day.* Many of these insomnia sufferers are women. Our insomnia is caused by hormonal changes we face in our lives, such as pregnancy and perimenopause.
- Meditation relieves stress, and can help those of us who suffer from anxiety and depression.
- Meditation provides other mental health benefits: an increase in happiness, self-acceptance and awareness, concentration, focus and more – as found in the article, The Benefits of Meditation You Never Knew, from the Art of Living website.
- Meditation can lower blood pressure, boost the immune system and even increase energy levels, just to name a few physical health benefits.
- Meditation may help strengthen our aging brain by slowing down the loss of gray matter, according to UCLA researchers.
You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer. (Eckhart Tolle)
Andy Puddicombe is the co-founder of the site, Headspace, which describes itself as a personal trainer for your mind. The site provides guided meditation training to its subscribers. Check out the Headspace blog for articles in several categories, including mind, body, relationships and more. Continue reading